Completely revised and updated, this respected reference offers comprehensive and current coverage of every aspect of vaccination?from development to use in reducing disease. It provides authoritative information on vaccine production, available preparations, efficacy, and safety…recommendations for vaccine use, with rationales…data on the impact of vaccination programs on morbidity and mortality…and more. And now, as an Expert Consult title, it includes a companion web site offering this unparalleled guidance where and when you need it most!
- Provides a complete understanding of each disease, including clinical characteristics, microbiology, pathogenesis, diagnosis, and treatment, as well an epidemiology and public health issues.
- Offers comprehensive coverage of both existing vaccines and vaccines currently in the research and development stage.
- Examines vaccine stability, immunogenicity, efficacy, duration of immunity, adverse events, indications, contraindications, precautions, administration with other vaccines, and disease control strategies.
- Analyses the cost-benefit and cost-effectiveness of vaccines.
- Discusses the proper use of immune globulins and antitoxins.
- Illustrates concepts and objective data with approximately 600 tables and figures.
- Includes access to a companion web site offering the complete contents of the book – fully searchable – for rapid consultation from anyplace with an Internet connection.
Your purchase entitles you to access the web site until the next edition is published, or until the current edition is no longer offered for sale by Elsevier, whichever occurs first. If the next edition is published less than one year after your purchase, you will be entitled to online access for one year from your date of purchase. Elsevier reserves the right to offer a suitable replacement product (such as a downloadable or CD-ROM-based electronic version) should access to the web site be discontinued.
„synopsis“ may belong to another edition of this title.